Thursday, November 26, 2015

A LITTLE BIT OF WHITE

In my last post I wrote how we have not seen any signs of Harry healing, I am so happy to tell the world we have had a whole day of white skin this week before it turned red again in the evening. The shedding Harry is doing is unreal. I'm fascinated with the shedding. Harry had two bath yesterday and  both times there were huge amounts of dead skin in the water and when we take off his pyjama suits mass amounts of what looks like dandruff falls from his body. I forgot to bandage his hands up yesterday and he hacked his wee feet to bits. All that healing ruined within seconds!
Harry gets terribly upset at nappy changing times and when we put cream on him. Understandably he screams and cries. Andrew has a sore ear at the moment from Harry screaming in the nights cuddled up to him. He needs to go and see a doctor however in the mean time he has protection- ear muffs!! Actually when Harry was a baby I wore ear muffs from time to time some nights on the couch feeding him for hours on end. His cry is terrible! Harry is having a very happy day today and so far quite comfortable. Very reassuring to have brief moments of this and hopefully there will be more to come.
Oscar is still itchy like anything in the night. To look at he looks great but there is still lots going on in his wee body. He had a massive itchy fit two nights ago and didn't fall asleep until ten and only for brief moments throughout the night. He begged and pleaded for the sedative pills to make him fall asleep as he was just beside himself. 3mg of diazepam didn't help so back to the drawing board! Oscar has another blood test next week so I will make an appointment to see the doctor too. 
Today marks three whole weeks of Oscar attending school without a day off, a first for him. There were a few late starts to the school day but this really is huge! I'm so proud of him. 

I had my first ever panic attack last week! A combination of frustration and tiredness just hit me. I was hyperventilating and it felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest! Andrew wasn't home and thankfully the boys had just gone to bed. My wee friend Woof cuddled into me the whole time, he just new something wasn't right so I patted him until I calmed down. I haven't had one since and hopefully it doesn't happen again. It was horrible not feeling like I was in control! Sleep deprivation is slowly turning me into a crazy lady. 
Not long until the school holidays now and things will be much easier having both Andrew and I home. I'm counting down the days!
24 hours worth of skin shedding!



Shedding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment