Wednesday, May 11, 2016

HOSPITAL!

I'm happy to report Oscar's Skin looks amazing!... For the fact he's barely eating. Today is day 15 of him not being well. Intermittent vomiting and diarrhea every second day. Food poisoning has been ruled out and we are waiting on the giardia test still and bloods were done today. Poor wee Oscar, gosh he puts up with a lot! He hasn't been back at school this term and I can't see him going back this week. I'm going to have a very big job on my hands trying to settle him back in to class. At one stage I had thought perhaps he's making himself sick so he doesn't have to go to school! I'm pretty sure that's not the case though. We just want to see him well again. The sooner he is off the immuno suppressants the better.

 Harry's got a slight cold at the moment and his skin has flared up.  He managed to scratch his arms to bits within seconds while in the bath yesterday and last week got to his legs while he was supposed to be snoozing! I walked into a terrible sight of blood all over the carpet, he managed to take all of his clothes and scratch sleeves off and his legs were raw and bleeding. I wanted to scream at him! He needed to have a bath so that I could wash the blood off and the poor wee man was in so much discomfort. Possibly one of the quickest baths he's had. Harry's still playing and is generally happy so at this stage I'm feeling ok with where we are at in terms of healing. Obviously I would like to be closer to the end of this journey than we are but I know how far Harry's come. It's just so frustrating seeing him damage his skin as it puts him a step back in healing. Taking the good with the bad..that sums up life really!

Update: The above was to be my next  post and I was going to add photos today but we are in hospital with Oscar in isolation as he's still sick. They are not sure what's wrong at this stage. Some of his blood test results were out of range so he's being monitored. Nine thirty in the evening we are waiting for stomach x-rays and we're cuddled up watching Grease on TV.  I feel relieved to be here as he's been sick for far too long! Will update when we know more.


No comments:

Post a Comment