Sunday, July 31, 2016

ONE MAN STANDING

What a horrible week we have had. The boys and I have been sick with a nasty flu virus. I've been unwell for five days and the boys are beginning to feel better finally after seven days. Andrew took a day and a half off to look after us throughout the week. I obviously couldn't sleep during the  day as I had the boys to care for so this weekend I've been sleeping off the last of it. In fact I slept five hours today!
As I said in my previous post, Harry's skin has taken a hit this week. He's rubbed parts of his feet and legs raw and under his chin is weeping. The itch is still so dam frustrating for him and he's back to saying "I wan't to take my skin off." Hopefully in a few days it will settle again and his body can continue on with healing. Charlie's feeling much better and starting to eat again - unbelievably last week's groceries have been barely touched!
Oscar hasn't had the same symptoms as Charlie and Harry this week. He's been unwell with sore stomachs, temperatures and has been totally wiped out. This sounds terrible but I have absolutely no idea if he's had a bug or if it's all related to his stomach issues. One more week of antibiotics then we'll know more once he's off them. Today there was no mention of a sore stomach so fingers crossed we have a happy morning getting to school. Last Monday poor Oscar complained all morning that he wasn't feeling well but I sent him to school as I hear this every morning. Turned out he really was feeling miserable and didn't tell his teacher.  She noticed at the end of the day so Oscar spent the whole day feeling unwell at school. I felt so bad when he got home! Very similar to the boy who cried wolf. I'm not saying Oscar's lying every morning about feeling unwell with his stomach but it certainly makes it hard to figure out if he really is sick or not.

I must finish with a big thank you to some very special people who helped us to get through the week. Michelle, Nic and Kristen - Thank you so much for the yummy soup, meals and treats. I feel very blessed to have you as friends and to a wonderful charity here in Wanaka called 'Food for Love'.  Thank you for providing a beautiful meal for us. I look forward to giving back at some stage in the future. Thank you to my lovely Mum for ordering some meals to be delivered to us. So kind and thoughtful!  Lastly thank you Andrew for looking after us even when yon had such a crazy busy week with school reports due! Let's hope your not the next to go down!






No comments:

Post a Comment