Wednesday, June 7, 2017

SCHOOL LUNCH SUCCESS

School is fundraising at the moment for t-shirts for the children for school production. For the last few Friday's they have been making lunches the children can buy. Last week they made Nachos. Now that we are including corn in Oscar's diet this was something he could have and he was super excited about it...until the day before.
I have never seen Oscar so worked uo and anxious! We bought salted nacho chips for him to take to school and he was worried the teachers might give him the wrong flavour and he would end up itchy. He repeated this time and time again until he was nearly in tears. In the morning he didn't want to go to school. I gave his teacher the heads up and she assured him that she would make sure he got the right nacho chips. When I picked Oscar up in the afternoon he was beaming! He said he got to eat the same lunch as everyone else and now that he knows what it feels like to have school lunches next time if it's food he can eat then he wants to do it again.
The key is to have it look the same as everyone else as he doesn't want other kids asking why his is different. We even had to check whether or not the nacho chips were going to be triangle or circle shaped!
Oscar is battling bed time more than usual at the moment. I have no idea what we can do to break this cycle. We have talked about hypnotherapy but I don't want to spend all that money and it not be successful!
We will continue to battle his nightly itchy antics.

Harry's a bit itchier than usual at the moment too. It has got really cold over the last week so maybe that's why. After all these years and we are still guessing!.
He's taking a while to get to sleep and waking quite a few times in the night. Just the usual I guess.

Tonight Charlie wanted snuggles at bedtime so I climbed into bed with him and wrapped my arm around him. He placed his wee hand on top of mine and I lay with him until he fell asleep. I treasure these moments with Charlie! All the while Oscar was yelling out from his bedroom "I'm itchy".
There was no way I was going to move and ruin a special wee moment with Charlie.
As I've previously mentioned the mother guilt is very strong when it comes to Charlie so I will give it when I can and take it when he gives.
Precious cuddles with our wee people are just the best!


No comments:

Post a Comment