Wednesday, September 13, 2017

NO ECZEMA

I never thought I would have a post titled 'No Eczmea'. Our life has revolved around Eczema for so many years that it's our normality. Oscar is nearly two weeks eczema free, not one tiny itchy bit anywhere on his body. He did have a bath a few nights ago and that resulted in itchy legs for the evening but I think that may have been from the heat.
Oscar has moisturiser on every night before bed and as I apply it I can't believe how amazing his skin is.  I'm blown away actually as we have never seen his skin so clear before.
The pessimistic part of me is waiting for a flare up!
I wonder how long he will continue to present with no eczmea or is this the end of this horrible journey for Oscar?

Harry's arm is looking much better now with using Aveeno and Manuka Paint. Years ago we would have just grabbed the steriod ceeam out of the cupboard for a quick fix. We now know that we have to ride out flare ups and unfortunately the process isn't as quick as steriods but it's by far the best option!

Harry had a rough round of blood tests this week. When we arrived at the doctors Harry hid under a table. Initially I thought he was playing until I realised what he was doing! He was so upset and stressed and it took three nurses and myself to try and calm him down but they couldn't find a vein. After an unsuccessful attempt we had a break and round two was much better. An hour later it was finally over with. Of all the blood tests the boys have had this was the worst by far!

*I was meant to post this two weeks ago!
Oscar had two weeks of being eczmea free.
He's itchy again in the usual places but I'm not complaining, two weeks of not being itchy is one massive milestone and the longest period in Oscar's entire life of being eczema free.
Fingers crossed for another round of this soon as tonight Oscar's tucked in next to me itching like crazy. Nights like this are a sharp reminder of what things were like for us every night.  
Right time to do some patting!


No comments:

Post a Comment