Saturday, August 20, 2016

NOT MUCH SLEEP THIS WEEK

I don't know what to write today. I feel like it's all just the same shit different day! I know we've had some good days and nights lately compared with how things have been and these moments give me the strength to keep going but honestly how much more of this itch do my wee men have to endure? One step forward and three back.  I want to fix our boys and we are trying...we've been trying for six years! Both Oscar and Harry have been terribly unsettled at night this week so seeing Oscar get over the finish line at his school cross country was a proud Mum moment, he came a very happy last!
The inflammation on Harry's skin is nearly gone with the increase of Methotrexate, however Harry's still very itchy and uncomfortable. I'm hoping this will subside over the next few weeks. He's still having brief moments of play but spending a good part of the day sitting on the floor wanting to itch or on the couch wanting pats.

I'm getting my head around refining the boys diet even more and following the Eczema Diet books recipes. This will be my third time reading the book! We are mostly there with all the suggestions in the book but it's really about being committed and organised with meal planning.  Stage one requires not eating apples, Oscar's favourite fruit. I've told Oscar that I will follow the diet too so that he's not alone. Harry will be served the same foods too however he's only two..nearly three and has a mind of his own!
I  woke up to a beautiful conversation at 6.30 a.m between Charlie and Harry yesterday..
Harry: "My feet aren't ouchy anymore and my arms have none blood now
Charlie: Does your skin feel better now Harry?
Harry: Yes
Charlie: If you don't scratch your skin then you won't get eczema like my skin"
I heard Charlie remind Harry later In the day not to scratch so he will have skin like him. What a lovely big brother :)

Cross Country Day..so proud of this wee guy 


No comments:

Post a Comment