Saturday, October 29, 2016

MR 7!

Another birthday in the family! Our first wee baby is turning seven on Monday. I always feel emotional on the boys birthdays, reflecting back to the day they were born. I really do feel very blessed to have three gorgeous wee boys. I'm the first to admit they do my head in on a daily basis with their lego mess and continuous humming of the starwars theme song but my gosh I really do love my wee men!
Oscar turning seven marks six years of him putting up with itchy skin. he really doesn't know any different. Although he has come a bloody long way!  We got Oscar's school photos back this week and he looks so healthy in them, I thought last year's one he looked better after a couple of months on immunos but now a year on he looks like a different child. He certainly has a wee spark in his eye again. 
Week three of the term and per usual Oscar's been off most of the week. Temperatures and coughing. I can't wait for his immune system to be up and running properly again.  It will certainly be interesting to see how he goes next winter with his health.  
Harry is pretty much toilet trained during the day finally.  Another awesome milestone. He had kindy again on Friday and has paid for it today in terms of being tired, and when he's tired he's itchy! We ended up going for a drive today so he would sleep. He has patches of eczema still but I would describe them as scabs where he's rubbed more than standard eczema and his poor wee feet still hurt. He's back to wearing gum boots as his shoes hurt him. Another big milestone though -Harry hasn't worn sleeves to bed for two weeks! Over a year of wearing them every single night and now he doesn't need to wear them. 
He's still waking up itchy most nights but easily settles if we tuck him in with one of us and Oscar's back in our bed too with being sick so we are back to our usual bed situation. 
Harry will be picking up another kindy day in a few weeks, this is a day Charlie's not at kindy so it will be great to have a Mum and Charlie day once a week until the end of the year. I plan on showering him with extra love, kisses, cuddles and he can decide what we do for the day. Guilt always comes into play with being a parent. I feel guilty for the boys going through steroid withdrawal and having terrible eczema, I feel guilty that Charlie has missed out on so much attention that he deserves. I know he hasn't missed out on our love by all means but our time and attention he has missed out on. So many times he's said "Can we".. or "look Mum" and I've replied with I can't now or wait or I'm busy...usually with Oscar or Harry. So Mondays are going to be our special wee day.  I can't take back the time I've wanted to spend with him but it might help to ease my guilt and I really am looking forward to spending quality time with Charlie.
I've been out biking a couple of times this week and have finally got my guitar back out after nearly eight years of barely playing it. So nice to have the energy to want to do something for myself. I even got my hair cut and coloured last week and have enrolled in a beginner yoga class starting next week! It's quite exciting to be doing 'normal' things again. The boys health obviously has played a huge role in not being able to do these things and also being a Mum in general means you don't put yourself first anymore. You really are the last one you think about. Our wee people come first to our needs but I challenge any Mumma wrapped up in the busy lives of children to do one thing for yourself this week. A walk, getting your hair cut, buying something for you and not your children, just think of yourself even if it's something small. If there's one thing I've learnt in life, being a parent is dam hard work so we should be rewarded from time to time. So go on- book that hair appointment now!

October 2015

October 2016 - Looking so much healthier 

No comments:

Post a Comment