Thursday, February 23, 2017

TWO ITCHY!

Harry's much the same as last week, if not worse. I want to fix him so badly but I don't know how. When he gets tired he itches more. This is usually about 2p.m or when I'm cooking dinner. A very convenient time to itch while I'm preoccupied! Harry's started hiding again to itch too.

Last week driving into town Harry scratched his arms to the point of blood dripping from his arms! You can imagine what a sorry sight we looked walking into the chemist. Harry was most impressed when he saw yellow bandages there! Yellow is his favourite colour. We've gone through another $30 of bandages in the last six days. I hate to think how much we've spent on dressings and bandages over the last year. We tried to bandage Harry's stomach too and used gladwrap over it so he couldn't undo it. It actually worked but he ended up in a rash from the gladwrap!
On a good note, although Harry isn't sleeping well he's waking up in a reasonably happy mood. He had a cold last week which he kindly shared with me but he's bounced back quick. This is another reason he's probably itchier too. We are trying wet wraps on Harry's wee arms at the moment and I'm suprised as they have lasted the longest on his arms out of all the bandages. Hopefully they feel more soothing for him.

It has finally been hot here over the last week and I think this has made Oscar itchier than usual! He's had a few rough nights of not being able to get to sleep and finally falling asleep close to midnight with regular intervals of waking through the night. It's only a matter of time before he gets sick..or is it? I just assume this but now he's off the immunos things might be different. He's back to watching you tube throughout the night to distract and calm him down as well as ice packs on the itcher places.

Charlie started keyboard lessons this week and loved the first class. It's so neat seeing him enjoy learning. Long may it last.

Andrew and I just keep battling through this parenting gig. We have had brief periods of less itch lately and that has been wonderful but I don't allow myself to be too optimistic about it as I know that is exactly what it is. A brief moment of things being slightly easier as another wave of itch heads our way.  It may sound like a negative way of thinking but I don't mean it to, it's actually our reality and I have accepted that. I don't like it one bit but after six years we really are used to it!
I just wonder how long it will actually be like this for.
All glad wrapped up!

Another bloody car ride

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!

    Sorry to hear your children have to be bandaged up.

    I want to send you a free organic product I created for eczema (as well as other conditions), that people have been having great success with.

    I would love to get into contact with you directly through email to talk more about this!

    If you're interested, please email me at loaskincare@gmail.com

    Thank you so much,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete