Tuesday, September 20, 2016

A WEEK OF FIRSTS

In terms of Harry's health, this has been the best week he's had in 11 months! His skin looks great, he's sleeping better and is finally having a bath without screaming! Harry looked slightly confused realising that he wasn't in pain in the bath! When it was time time to get out he said no! He's even had his first disco shower, (We have a shower head that flashes different colours).
Harry has also been very settled in the night too. He's had two nights of sleeping until 5 a.m then snuggled in with Andrew until seven. He woke up the other morning and said to me "I'm not ouchy under my chin now and if I scratch it I will go to jail!". Not quite sure where he got that from. Harry would have been sent to jail long ago if that was the case!
Harry is wearing shoes again! His feet have some pretty good scaring on them but im sure this will fade over time.
He's also telling everyone he has eyebrows now! He keeps putting his hands up to feel his eyebrows and asks "Do I still have eyebrows!".
Oscar's Skin looks unbelievably good too! He has a small amount of eczema on his bottom and not one bit anywhere else. Now that his inner elbows are clear we can see that his arms have lots of scaring too. Lastnight Oscar got out of the shower and with a big smile said "Mum I don't have any eczema on me". Music to my ears! Fingers crossed this continues. We have established a good routine now with the boys supplements and they are both happy to take them - Harry used to vomit them up!
Oscar is still complaining of sore stomachs but no V&D in three weeks. He has an ultrasound next week but I'm pretty confident it will be clear. He's sleeping through most nights too!
We've been given the go ahead to take Oscar off the immunos over Summer. A very exciting yet nerve wrecking time! I look forward to getting his allergies retested at some stage to see what is really going on with his body. It would be great to try and reintroduce some more foods if we could so he has more variety. Imagine being able to go out for a family meal at a cafe or restaurant!
I can't believe how far we have come on  this journey. I feel like the last two weeks have been massive with both Harry and Oscar's bodies healing.  The increase in the immnos for Harry has kicked in and is helping hugely. He's a different child - a happy child.
Is it possible we are actually heading towards the end of this journey after six years with Oscar? It feels like it, I cross my fingers we are nearly at the finish line.
Disco showers are so much fun!

I love this picture! Such a big milestone seeing a smile on Harry's face while having a bath
Harry's legs 

Oscar's arms haven't looked this good in six years!


No comments:

Post a Comment