Sunday, November 20, 2016

A TIRING WEEK

It's been a hard week emotionally with Charlie being sad and then adding Harry being itchy...then Oscar having a flare up too!
Oscar's flare up is small in comparison to this time last year but it's still itchy and still hurts him. I'm not sure what's caused it but he did have half an orange the other day that may have been the culprit. We spent most of Wednesday night awake watching you tube. We've been late to school most days this week however Oscar has attended every day which is great.  On Wednesday night Oscar lasted until 3 A.M in his bed and when I went in to check him as he was crying he was standing in his room with his p. j pants down at his feet and his hands were up his top scratching away! He was trying to scratch all over at the same time. I can only imagine that it feels like multiple sandflies biting all over his body.
Thankfully Oscar is still happy enough during the day and lastnight he slept all night in his bed! He was so proud of himself and his smile was beaming from ear to ear this morning.  He also told me when he woke up he was surprised as he was in his bed!

Harry's wee body has still been itchy this week, particularly his legs and one foot. He usually starts itching straight after breakfast- the most busiest time of day for me getting myself and three little people ready to get out the door.  It's so hard to stop him especially when he gets worked up and starts screaming as he makes himself bleed.  On Tuesday night Harry was itchy to the point of not being able to sleep even with sedating medicine and started crying, the kind of cry that let's you know your child is in pain. I snuggled him into me and we dozed for the rest of the night.  This is the thing that frustrates and upsets me the most, we can't take the boys pain away with a magic wand. To get better from a flare they have to endure pain. It's so unfair. On a good note Harry is starting to come right from being so uncomfortable for the last couple of weeks and had a successful kindy day on Friday without an itchy attack.  He's also been back in nappies so hopefully next week we can continue toilet training.

Charlie Bear has had 100 kisses every day this week and it brings such a big smile to his face. I have cuddled up with him in his bed reading to him most nights and I told him the same story I shared with him when he was sad at the park about the day he was born. It was a beautiful Summer morning when Charlie was born and Andrew was the first to give him a cuddle then when I got to cuddle him I cried because I loved him so much. When I told him this at the park he looked up at me and I new I had triggered something in him and when I retold him this story in bed he flung his wee arms around me and held on tight to me for awhile. When Andrew left for work on Friday morning Charlie ran up to him and gave him a big kiss and cuddle. Charlie doesn't usually show too much affection so for him to do that is such a positive sign and hopefully this is a sign of happier and secure times for Charlie.

Andrew and I have been lucky enough to have two afternoons of child free time this weekend.  Thank you to Andrews Mum and sister for visiting us this weekend and for looking after the boys for us and also to our lovely friend and neighbour Mel for entertaining the troops this arvo so Andrew and I could go for a bike ride. It gives both Andrew myself a small sense of normality being able to spend time together. Something we've barely been able to do over the last couple of years.
Early morning itchy attack 

Ouch!

Too cute to not put in. Prince Charlie off to a birthday party 

Harry asleep in my arms after kindy 


No comments:

Post a Comment