Monday, November 28, 2016

OSCAR'S FIRST BEE STING!


We were just saying not so long ago that the boys thankfully haven't been stung by a bee yet. Well we spoke too soon as Oscar got stung on Friday afternoon while inside playing at the lego table! He came running towards me waving his hand about screaming "It's a bee" over and over with a few swear words mixed in. I couldn't get the stinger out initially as Oscar wouldn't stay still but eventually  I got it out and grabbed a bag of frozen vegetables out of the freezer and sat with Oscar trying to calm him down, while watching him closely for any sign of reactions. For anyone that has children with allergies you will be able to appreciate how scary this was. My heart was racing, I was sweating - I think perhaps I had the reaction instead of Oscar!  Other than being upset and having a sore hand Oscar was fine. What a relief.

Charlie asked Oscar what it felt like to be stung and Oscar replied "It stings like shit". I would have to agree with him on that! He also said that he hates bees even though they make honey and that they are even more disgusting than brussel sprouts.  After everyone settled down I poured myself a well needed wine.

We nearly got to four weeks in a row of school but Oscar had Friday off. He was a bit run down and tired and had the beginnings of Impetigo again. There was one little blister above his lip that we have managed to get onto very quickly so it hasn't spread. Oscar has eczema spots on his legs and bottom still. Enough to annoy him, but not enough for me to complain about. He slept in until 9:30am yesterday morning and had an amazing sleep. Just what his body needed.
Oscar also had a Birthday party yesterday afternoon and as I was packing food for him to take he told me there is another boy going who also has to take his own food and that he's glad he's not the only one. He must feel so left out sometimes.

On Saturday Andrew and I forfeited our childfree time to spend time with Charlie together. We took him into town for ice cream and I sat in the back next to Charlie playing 'eye spy' with him there and back. I can't remember the last time the three of us spent time together so it was just lovely being with our wee Charlie Bear.
 Charlie has had a happy week and is giving both Andrew and I more cuddles than he previously has so this is absolutely wonderful.

Harry's skin still has lots of scabs and itchy bits on it, mostly the usual places of one foot, legs and arms. He has been unsettled in the night but was ok for Kindy on Friday and today as I got him dressed he asked me to put trousers on him so his teachers wouldn't see his sore skin.
Harry had a conversation with his Kindy teacher the other day and she was telling him that she also has boys. Harry then asked her if her boys are itchy!
During the week Harry had an itchy attack in the car on the way to the supermarket. I had to clean him up best I could before going on.  He must have looked a terrible sight bit no one approached us..luckily as I was not in the mood to be pleasant!

We had a unique experience this week of being filmed for a series of documentaries
being made about the impact of eczema on families. It was a bit nerve wrecking and the boys were suprisingly very well behaved, except for Oscar kicking Charlie at one stage! Thank you to Gareth Moon for being so unobtrusive and for listening to our story with genuine care and interest.

It's now eleven p.m and Oscar's finally fallen asleep after a restless evening of being itchy. I'm pretty sure strawberries are the culprit this round.
As the saying goes 'Sleep while your baby sleeps or in our case 'Sleep while the itchy boys sleep'
Itchy attacks in the car 
Itchy attacks in the morning 



Itchy attacks in the afternoon
Charlie enjoying a treat while having Mum and Dad time 

Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment