Monday, December 5, 2016

BACK TO BANDAGES

The ouchy bits on Harry's wee feet and arms are just not healing. They look like they are going to scar so we've gone back to bandages to try and help his skin. Sounds like an easy fix but with Harry getting itchy,  he does all he can to try and get to the areas that he wants to scratch.
I went to the chemist today to get more bandages. We walked in and the shop lady said "Oh dear has he fallen off his bike?"
I had to giggle considering that's what I wrote in my last post!
Harry's all bandaged up with dressings and a very cool green self sticking bandage. I have no idea if it will work, however I'm hopeful.

Oscar's very itchy again this week. As I write this at 9.22p.m, he's sitting next to me on the couch. It took an hour and a half to pat him to sleep for all of twenty minutes and he then came running out to the lounge screaming "I'm itchy".

The paed appointment was good on Friday. He said the only thing we need to watch out for with Oscar having horse shoe kidney is urine infections, kidney stones and to make sure he's hydrated as this will help to avoid these occuring.

On the weekend Charlie told Oscar that he's glad that he's not him because he doesn't want to be itchy and have eczema. Oscar got so upset and told us that he hates himself because he has eczema.  It's so sad to hear him saying this, it breaks my heart.

Harry had kindy today so Charlie and I had Charlie and Mum time. When I tucked him into bed tonight he told me he loved Charlie and Mum time. It really is lovely spending one on one time with him.

Andrew has been unwell for the last five days. Probably end of term/year sickness combined with the extra stresses of home life. Not being able to sleep it off doesn't help!

It seems we are in for another challenging week with Oscar's skin and sleep..
And who should appear as I finish this? Harry! The night shift has officially begun.
My wee green mummy!

Itching...

More itching! Green bandages haven't worked tonight!

Too itchy to sleep

Charlie sleeping like a non itchy child and oblivious to our night time craziness 





No comments:

Post a Comment