Thursday, December 22, 2016

HARRY HOUDINI

The holidays are here thankfully and it's so nice having Andrew at home to help out.
Harry isn't doing so well at the moment. He's barely sleeping, frustrated and grumpy. Today he had a three and a half hour sleep during the day.  His poor wee body is trying to play catch up.
Harry has figured out how to take his scratch me not sleeves off! Andrew watched him doing it. He puts one hand between his knees and pulls until he can get his arm out. He's also worked out how to pull the hand sleeve back too! Harry's very proud of his new found skill, proudly announcing that he can take his sleeves off all by himself.
I found blue bandages the other day while I was at the chemist getting more dressings and I couldn't resist buying it. Harry was so excited and said "I can show my kindy teachers!"
I've been sitting in the back of the car when we go for drives out and about to pat Harry when he gets itchy as this is a common occurrence in the car! Doing this has definitely reduced some damage.

Charlie had his very last day of Kindy on Tuesday. He had his special birthday mat time last week. It was so cute watching him on the couch confidently talking in front of his friends. I can't believe he's nearly five. How did that happen so quickly?

As I write this I have Oscar on one side of me naked, wrapped in towels and Harry on the other side of me and it's 9.30 in the evening. When will this end? When will our children sleep normally? I remember thinking when Oscar was two years old and itchy all over and not sleeping, that before I know it he will be five years old, at school and he won't be itchy. Five years on and we are still on this journey! How naive I was.
It's fair to say we are in survival mode again. I don't know how we do it but we do. We have to. I'm looking forward to our next reprieve whenever that may be.

Well Merry Christmas to everyone reading my blog. I wish you a wonderful day with those you love.

Thank you for taking the time to check in on us. It really is very humbling to see so many people taking the time to read our blog. xx
One very sore neck

Distracting the itch

Blue bandages 

Harry hiding under the table to scratch

Charlie's special mat time at Kindy

A rare sight.. Andrew snuggling with Charlie to get him to sleep.  Doesn't suprise me seeing Andrew asleep too!


No comments:

Post a Comment