Sunday, December 11, 2016

SICK OF THE SIGHT OF BLOOD!

A mentally exhausting week. I feel like I have let my wee men down because I can't fix them. What else can we do to help them? Andrew and I work so hard every day..and night to care for the boys skin, prepare safe foods for them and to keep them comfortable and happy as possible but it doesn't seem enough. Oscar's spotty all over his body except for his face. He's having trouble getting to sleep, staying asleep and is very non-coping. The smallest of things upset him. Frustration and tiredness set in very quick. Oscar also had Thursday and Friday off school with a nasty cough and temperature.

Harry is still attacking himself.  It sounds so horrible writing that but I don't know how else to explain when he starts itching. It's not really an itch at all. The concentration and effort he puts into it. I've lost count of how many times he's made himself bleed this week and how many times I've cleaned blood off the carpet. I actually want to scream at him to stop as it upsets me seeing the damage he's doing to himself! Yesterday once he saw the blood on his legs he started saying "Shiver me timbers" over and over again followed by "Shit, shit!".

Andrew has two more days of school next week then is home for six weeks. It will be great having another set of eyes and hands to help with Harry.  Fingers crossed between us we will be able to reduce his scratching and promote some healing.

On a brighter note,  we put up our Christmas tree this week. We have three boys very excited about Christmas.
My Dad and his partner Michelle stayed with us last night and we had an early Christmas with them. Today we also took the boys to see Santa. Harry wouldn't go near him! Charlie wants lego for Christmas, Oscar wants lego and a Hamster, Harry wants a helicopter and I want itchy free children!

A rough week but thankfully finished off with a lovely weekend.
"Shiver me timbers..shit" 





No comments:

Post a Comment